Growing Up Boulder offers many ways for students to get involved in creating youth-friendly cities and environments. We seek bright-minded individuals who are passionate about youth empowerment and involvement of youth-voice in urban planning and community decisions.
We seek interns with excellent organizational skills, design skills, writing skills, enthusiasm, open-mindedness, responsibility, and who enjoy working with young people. Bilingual English-Spanish a plus but not required.
- 12 hours each
- Practice community engagement in real-world participatory design projects with children, youth, and families
- Work on city's most current projects in the areas of Open Space and Mountain Parks (OSMP), Parks and Rec, Transportation and Planning, Sustainability, and Housing
- The work is based on best-practices from around the world
- The internship offers great networking opportunities and a chance to make a difference in your city
- Be enrolled in the Program in Environmental Design or Environmental Studies
- Incoming juniors or seniors
- Be in good academic standing, maintaining a minimum 2.0 GPA
- Interested candidates should contact Growing Up Boulder Coordinator Mara Mintzer at email@example.com
If you would like to volunteer with Growing Up Boulder, please contact Growing Up Boulder Coordinator Mara Mintzer at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us here.
To find out if your organization would like be a good host for an undergraduate environmental design intern, click here.