Try these fun activities at Boulder Public Library (or suggested by the library)!
Some Activity ideas:
- Check out a Discovery Backpack at the Main Library children’s desk and take a creek walk to observe nature.
- Go to a park and do a Tree Treasure Hunt.
Sample items: find a squirrel or bird in a tree (see it or hear it), spot a squirrel or bird nest, find a tree with rough bark, find a tree with smooth bark, find a tree you can hug by yourself, find a tree you and your grownup can hug together, etc.
- Visit the Chautauqua Ranger Cottage and describe to your caregiver or draw what you see.
- Hike up a hill and enjoy a view of Boulder.
- Take pictures of the Flatirons.
- Climb to the top of a downtown Boulder parking structure and look around—what do you see from up there?
- At any library branch sign your child up for 1000 Books Before Kindergarten.
- Check out the library’s website (https://boulderlibrary.org/ ) or program booklet and choose a program to attend.
- Check out these books which offer fun kid activities and information for kids about Boulder!
- Visit Generation Wild's website for suggestions of fun, outdoor activities.