With societal closures of spaces for teens to occupy and freely explore, many teens are feeling a growing frustration for the lack of spaces to socialize in. Remote classes, postponed intramurals, and closed public institutions, are all posing as obstacles to the social lives of teens. As these outlets for teens remain in minimal operation, a call to heed the importance of access to urban green space is being heard. See the critical input given by teens on the importance of access to urban green spaces. Hear more about how GUB is eliciting teens' input and opinions on local topics, in this Voyage Denver interview with Mara Mintzer.
Outdoor learning is an invaluable experience, especially during the Covid-19 pandemic. Not only is learning outdoors safer from the virus, but learning outside helps students become more curious, focused, and engaged in the world around them. Growing Up Boulder is participating in initiatives from the local to national level that integrate youth and parent voice into outdoor learning plans. See how our most recent engagements have drawn the community's attention here.
- Growing Up Boulder: Boulder's Child-Friendly City Initiative, Colorado Municipalities - August 2019
- 8 80 Cities: Building Better Cities for and with Families - August 13, 2018
- Louise Chawla's Perspectives on Children's Participation - Then and Now - July 8, 2016
- Walking Laboratories: Young People's Experience of the Street - April 28, 2016
- Assessing participatory processes for child-friendly cities - March 17, 2016
- Immigrants, Refugees, and the Power of Play in the Planning Process - February 18, 2016
- Five Applications of Photovoice as a Method for Children's Participation - February 2, 2016
- Children Seek Greater Access to Nature - January 20, 2016
- Young People’s Perspectives on “15 Minute Neighborhoods” - December 15, 2015
- Parks for Teens: 10 Features Teens Want to See - December 2, 2015
- Child Friendly Cities Add Value to Resilience Planning - November 3, 2015
- GUB Profile in CU's Continuing Education Magazine - 2015
- Great Green Neighborhoods, featured on the Designing with Children website produced at the University of Sheffield, UK. - 2014